CATC Design School Logo

Did you know you can study a diploma at a CATC Design School and then move onto a degree course at sister school Billy Blue College of Design?

Known as study pathways, this is a way to fast-track your design career or get into a degree if you don’t have the right entry requirements. And if you’ve studied or worked in your industry before, you could be eligible for a course credit or recognition of prior learning.

All eligible CATC Design School Graphic Design or Interior Design and Decoration students who complete a diploma can continue onto Billy Blue College of Design with credits. Find out more by calling 1300 661 111.

Where Can I go?

"I applied to CATC straight out of high school to study a one-year diploma of graphic design and advertising. After the completion of the course, I was immediately offered the chance to study a bachelor degree in Communication Design at Billy Blue, which I never looked back on. Billy Blue has provided me with so much knowledge about the design industry and has challenged my design skills to the next level. I highly recommend Billy Blue to current CATC students, both CATC and Billy Blue are amazing places where I felt I could really express my creativity. There is not one day where I really feel like I’m ever working because I am following my passion and I love what I do."

JESSICA MIDDLETON  | Graduate CATC & Billy Blue


If you have previously studied design, you could be eligible to receive a course credit, shortening the length of your new qualification. This can fast-track your studies, allowing you to graduate with a degree qualification that will give you the best possible boost in your career.

Think Education colleges offer guaranteed credits for:

  • Specific nationally recognised vocational courses, which could shave time off your diploma
  • Individual subjects you have completed elsewhere

Recognition of prior learning

If you’ve completed past study or demonstrable life or work experience related to your CATC Design School course, you may be eligible for recognition of prior learning which could give you a subject exemption. You can apply for this before you start your course.