Locations: Brisbane and Melbourne for Australian students, Sydney for Australian and Overseas students. Not yet delivered at the Gold Coast Campus.
Duration: 1 year full time or 2 years part time* (including breaks).
Intakes: February, June and October
VET FEE-HELP: Enabled for eligible Australian students
CRICOS Provider codes: NSW 076752J, QLD 076747F, VIC - TBA
Qualification Code: CUV50411
*Part time study option is for Australian students only and currently available at Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne
Why study the Diploma of Photo Imaging?
This course prepares you for an action-packed career working as a commercial photographer. It teaches you the essentials of photo imaging from shooting styles, lighting set-up and image capture, to digital SLR cameras, digital software enhancement and medium format. You'll learn how to use a range of specialised and technical competencies to plan, carry out and evaluate photo imaging services. And you'll discover ways to prepare, store and maintain finished work, integrate colour theory and design processes and capture images from a brief.
Areas of photo imaging work include fashion, sport, wedding, portrait, social, photojournalism, magazine and freelance, landscape and architecture, food and product and advertising. You can certainly travel the world with this profession!
With this qualification, you'll have the technical skills and experience to communicate your conceptual and creative visions through the medium of photography. You could snap up a great freelance photography job in any of the following these areas:
- Commercial photography
- Advertising photography
- Fashion and Glamour photography
- Sports photography
- Portrait photography
- Magazine photography
- Travel and Adventure photography
- Food and Product photography
- Architectural photography
- News Photo Journalism
- Documentary photography
- Wedding Photography
- Photo Technician
- Image Manipulation/Remediation
- CUVPHI516A Research the role/use of photo image in visual communication
- CUVPHI517A Research and exploit photo imaging trends
- CUVPHI529A Employ colour management in a digital imaging workplace
- CUVDIG401A Experiment with techniques to enhance digital images
- CUVPHI518A Explore the descriptive and emotive nature of photo lighting
- CUVDIG501A Refine digital art techniques
- CUVPHI521A Produce commercial photo images
- CUVPHI522A Provide domestic portrait services
- CUVPHI523A Produce media photo images
- CUVPHI527A Make illustrative images for publication and display
- CUVPHI525A Plan, capture and exploit visual art photo images
- CUFIND401A Provide services on a freelance basis
- CUAIND401A Extend expertise in specialist field
- CUFPOS402A Manage media assets
- CUVACD512A Work with photomedia in creative practice
- CUVPRP503A Present a body of own creative work
- CUVGRD504A Create and manipulate graphics
To view the entry requirements for this course click here.