Interior Design Course Online
Study Mode: Online*
Duration: 2 years part time online
Intakes: Monthly, 11 dates per year
VET FEE-HELP: Enabled for eligible Australian students
* Online Study Mode not available to International Students. VFH not available to International Students.
Why study the Diploma of Interior Design and Decoration?
This unique course will give you greater design awareness and skills and will enable you to develop your own design style. You’ll explore building theory, problem-solving design, presentation sketches, construction technology and working drawings, and learn about drafting and building practices relating to residential, industrial and commercial buildings. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be able to analyse problems and visualise concepts, and prepare the output of digital presentation boards and designs.
You can look forward to working in interior design studios, architects studios, on film sets, in interior consultancy firms and with building companies. Possible roles include:
- Assistant Interior Design
- Architectural Illustration
- Commercial Interior Design
- Residential Interior Design
- Design Editorial/Writing for Industry Publications
- Set Design and Construction
- CADD Operations
- Self Employment
- DIDDP112 Design Process 1
- DIDGC12 Graphic Communication
- DIDDD12 Design Drawing
- DIDPK12 Product Knowledge
- DIDRD12 Residential Decoration
- DIDDP212 Design Process 2
- DIDCL12 Colour and Lighting
- DIDCC12 Construction and CAD
- DIDMF12 Material and Finishes
- DIDFA12 Furniture and Architectural Styles
- DIDDP312 Design Process 3
- DIDPP12 Professional Practice
- DIDCM12 CAD Models and Documentation
- DIDCM12 Interior Built Environment
- DIDCD12 Commercial Design
To view the entry requirements for this online interior design course click here.