Applying to study a diploma or short course at CATC Design School is the easiest thing you’ll do today. Fill out the quick online application form and we’ll guide you through the rest of the process.
HOW TO APPLY
An adviser will
Enrol and start
Are you an international student?
Want to study in Australia? You can do this directly through Think Education if your English is very good, or through your local education agent if you need some extra help. See information for international students
Creative works requirements
Students must be able to demonstrate basic design skills. By reviewing examples of your works we assess your creativity, passion for the industry and determination to become a designer or a photographer.
You must be able to:
For Graphic Design applicants:
- Show basic examples of computer skills using graphic design industry software, which may include multi-page layout and digital manipulation
- Apply basic knowledge of graphic design trends and technologies
- Produce simple examples of graphic design work
- Produce basic typography
For Photography applicants:
- Produce a body of basic photo imaging work
- Show your understanding of developing design solutions through research, reflection and the generation and refinement of ideas
- Apply basic knowledge of the photo imaging industry, its trends and traditions
- Apply basic technical photo imaging knowledge and skills
HOW TO PREPARE CREATIVE WORKS
When you apply to study graphic design or photography at CATC Design School, we ask you to submit some examples of your creative works. Here is a summary of what we are looking for.
1To study at CATC Design School you must:
- Have a desire to be creative
- Have a passion for design
- Demonstrate drawing skills (graphic design applicants) or camera handling skills (photo imaging applicants)
- Demonstrate basic computer skills
- Show a basic understanding of the course that you’re applying for
- International students must have an English language proficiency of IELTS 5.5 (Academic) equivalent, with a minimum of 5.0 in each skill. See English Language Courses
2What to include in your creative works submission
Nurturing the craft of design and empowering you to feel confident about your creativity is what we do. To help us understand where you’re coming from, we want to see some examples of your creative efforts as part of your application to study with us.
A typical creative works submission includes:
- Three examples of creative work. This could include sketches, drawings, paintings, collage or montage works, storyboards, photographs you've taken or photographs of things you’ve made.
- Creative works can be from school or college projects, personal projects or projects from another design course – anything that displays your creative flair is acceptable.
3DOWNLOAD CREATIVE WORKS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Interior Design students: please note that submission of creative works is NOT required.
I chose CATC because at the time I was browsing other universities and colleges and CATC really stood out to me, especially at the Open Day. My Favourite part of studying at CATC was constantly being inspired and motivated by other peers and lecturers. It’s rare to be able to connect with creatives alike and inspire one another day in day out.Brandon Ng | DIPLOMA OF PHOTO IMAGING (CUV50411), Sydney HEAR FROM MORE STUDENTS