Why have you landed on this page?
CATC is evolving for the better!
You may have heard that there has been a shift in the VET education space this year, including the Australian Government introducing a new student loan scheme called VET Student Loans.
It’s shaken things up a bit, but don’t worry - we’ve been one step ahead the whole way.
We want to make sure students have the best chance to complete a great design qualification and get the assistance they need to do so. This is why CATC is evolving, for the better! Let us tell you how…
Meet Billy Blue College of Design
Our CATC courses in Graphic Design, Interior Design & Decoration and Photo Imaging are now being transitioned to newer, better Higher Education diplomas at our sister school Billy Blue College of Design. If you were set on studying at CATC, don’t panic. Billy Blue and CATC are also the best of friends, so you’ll be taught by the same lecturers, on the same campuses, with the same equipment.
Operating for over 30 years, Billy Blue has been producing graduates that are strongly recognised by the design industry and constantly sought after often before they graduate, so you’ll be in good hands.
Click on a course below to be whisked off to the Billy Blue website like this never happened. Or read on to find out more benefits of this evolution.
Billy Blue’s Higher Education Diplomas:
Explore various design processes and learn everything about materials and finish while also developing your skills in residential and commercial design, decoration and more.
Learn about design history and principles, ideas generation, brand identity, typography, design research, user experience, how to use industry standard graphic design software, and more. The design work you do throughout your study contributes to a professional portfolio – your passport to a serious design career.
The Diploma of Photo Imaging provides graduates with a range of technical, creative and conceptual skills. Employment opportunities may include working in photographic studios, news organisations, fine art galleries, magazines, educational institutions, government departments, publishing companies, stock photo agencies, audio-visual/ video production companies and advertising companies.
A few great reasons to study at Billy Blue:
- You’ll graduate with a university qualification as all Billy Blue courses are partnered with Torrens University Australia. You are better qualified with a Uni Degree!
- If you are an Australian Citizen looking to use government assistance to pay for your tuition fees, you’ll be happy to learn that Billy Blue’s courses are FULLY covered by FEE HELP, unlike Student Loans for VET courses which will only cover part of the cost of your course.
- The Diploma of Interior Design & Decoration and the Diploma of Graphic Design at Billy Blue equate to the first year of a Bachelor Degree – meaning you have the opportunity to keep studying to gain a Bachelor degree with credits.
- The AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework) of your course is higher in a HE Diploma than a VET Diploma, so you will be taking subjects at a Level 6 rather than a Level 5.
- ou will be more sought after in the industry having completed a Higher Education course. Employers are looking for students with strong qualifications, so this will put you ahead of the pack when employers look to hire graduates.
- You will be more likely to obtain a higher Graduate Salary than doing a VET course.